The Vegan Table
Entertain in Style…Vegan Style!
A celebration of plant-based cuisine, The Vegan Table offers recipes and menus for every occasion and season, including romantic meals, traditional tea parties, formal dinners, casual gatherings, children’s parties, and holiday feasts.
Packed with invaluable tips, expert advice, fascinating lore, delicious recipes, and gorgeous full-color photographs, The Vegan Table is the ultimate guide, whether you are hosting an intimate gathering of close friends or a large party with an open guest list.
Organized by themed menus, the eclectic mix of recipes features cuisines from around the world, including Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Mexican, Asian, Indian, and African. Follow the menus provided, or create your own using the array of appetizers, soups, stews, salads, main dishes, and desserts.
- Pumpkin Curry
- Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke, and Pesto Sandwiches
- Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
- Elegantly Simple Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Pasta Primavera with Fresh Veggies and Herbs
- Tempeh and Eggplant Pot Pies
- African Sweet Potato and Peanut Stew
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples and Onions
- Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce
- South of the Border Pizza
- Tofu Spinach Lasagna
- Blackberry Pecan Crisp
- Flourless Chocolate Tart
- Red Velvet Cake with Buttercream Frosting
Celebrate the joy of compassionate cuisine with The Vegan Table, your ultimate at-home dining and entertaining guide.
Buy The Vegan Table at these Retailers:
Signed and personalized copies are available to Compassionate Cooks Club Members:
Table Of Contents
Cozy Coupling: Romantic Dinners for Two
Fun with Friends: Casual Meals for Four to Six
Pulling out the Stops: Formal Dining for Six to Ten
Let’s Celebrate: Menus for Special Occasions
Honoring Tradition: Feasts for the Holidays
Excuses to Party: Buffets, Heavy Appetizers, and Finger Food
In addition to the hundreds of delectable recipes, dispersed throughout are fun and helpful sidebars, such as:
- Foods for Romance (Aphrodisiacs)
- Creating a Romantic Dinner
- The Intimacy of Food
- Chocolate is Vegan!
- Love Potions
- Hosting an English Tea Party
- Edible Flowers
- Tips for Stress-Free Entertaining
- Deconstructing our Plates
- Toasts for All Occasions
- Bladders in my Booze?
- Embracing our Ethics
- Tasteful Touches
- Host a Consciousness-Raising Film Night
- Cocktails for Kids
- Creating a Traditional Passover Seder
- Taking “Veganism” Out of the Box
- Celebrating the Essence of Easter without the Eggs
- Thanksgiving is for the Birds
- Survival Tips for Vegans
- Survival Tips for Friends and Family of Vegans
Praise & Reviews
Jennifer McCann, author of Vegan Lunch Box and Vegan Lunch Box Around the World
Rory Freedman, author of #1 New York Times bestseller Skinny Bitch
Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson, bestselling author of When Elephants Weep and The Face on Your Plate: The Truth About Food